This page contains links relating to design trends and concepts that may relate to competitive, recreational, fitness, and wellness facilities. These links have been compiled through a combination of architectural seminars and through direct contact with sports surfacing experts.
- U.S. Green Building Council: www.usgbc.org – Administers the LEED Rating System
- Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education: www.aashe.org
- General Services Administration (GSA): www.gsa.gov/
Mainstream Design: Design for students with disabilities
- ADA Document Center: www.access-board.gov/indexes/accessindex.htmADA Accessibility Guidelines for Buildings and Facilities
- ADA Technical Assistance Program: http://www.usdoj.gov/crt/ada/taprog.htm: Provide free information and assistance.
- ICC/ANSI A117.1 Accessible and Usable Buildings and Facilities www.iccsafe.org: provides details, dimensions, and specifications to help building designers develop their plans for all users with disabilities.